Lambeth Libraries have partnered with Black Cultural Archives, St Martins Community Centre and many others to create a fantastic programme of events for Black History month this October.
Locally we have:
- Sun 6th 1.30pm to 4pm. Drumming workshop at St Lukes church SE27 0DT and poetry, prose & song at West Norwood Library SE27 9JX
- Wed 9th 7pm Rising above Brokenness – meet authors of books on mental well being at Upper Norwood Library SE19 1TJ
- Sat 12th 11am to 6pm Black Hair Day at West Norwood Library SE27 9JX – meet authors, hairdressers , watch a movie.
- Wed 23rd 2.30pm Make your own African Drum at Upper Norwood Library SE19 1TJ
- Wed 23rd 2.30pm Anancy/Ananse/Anansi Adventure for over 5’s at West Norwood Library SE27 9JX
All welcome. For details of these and many more mostly free events see: [ https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/sites/default/files/lambeth-black-history-month-brochure-2019.pdf ]
Old Library Centre SE27 0HY
The lending library based at 16 Knights Hill SE27 0HY is temporarily closed between 2nd and 25tH October for refurbishment & redecoration of the Old Library Centre managed by local charity The Rathbone Society.
Until the library re-opens on Thursday 26th October please return & borrow books from one of Lambeth’ other libraries.
Black History events during October have moved to Upper Norwood Library at 39 Westow Hill SE19 1TJ.
The West Norwood library will be moving into the joint Library –Cinema building on Norwood High Street SE27 9JX in the new year 2018. It will then have all the facilities as one of Lambeth’s town centre libraries.