Lambeth Libraries have partnered with Black Cultural Archives, St Martins Community Centre and many others to create a fantastic programme of events for Black History month this October.
Locally we have:
- Sun 6th 1.30pm to 4pm. Drumming workshop at St Lukes church SE27 0DT and poetry, prose & song at West Norwood Library SE27 9JX
- Wed 9th 7pm Rising above Brokenness – meet authors of books on mental well being at Upper Norwood Library SE19 1TJ
- Sat 12th 11am to 6pm Black Hair Day at West Norwood Library SE27 9JX – meet authors, hairdressers , watch a movie.
- Wed 23rd 2.30pm Make your own African Drum at Upper Norwood Library SE19 1TJ
- Wed 23rd 2.30pm Anancy/Ananse/Anansi Adventure for over 5’s at West Norwood Library SE27 9JX
All welcome. For details of these and many more mostly free events see: [ https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/sites/default/files/lambeth-black-history-month-brochure-2019.pdf ]
Drop in on Saturday 15th December to All Saints Church, Lovelace Road SE21 8JY between 11am and 1pm to sing carols organised by 4All. Refreshments include mince pies, mulled wine and coffee. All welcome – bring friends, neighbours, family.
Other local carol services:
St Lukes Church SE27 0DT – Carols by Candle light 6.30pm Sunday 16th December https://stlukeswestnorwood.wordpress.com/2018/12/12/carols-at-6-30pm-this-sunday-16-december/
Chatsworth Church SE27 9HN – Carols by Candle Light at 7pm Sunday 16th December
St Peters Church on Leigham Court Rd SW16 2SD have a series of events from Thursday 20th December
Christmas gift market , hot food, bar, carol singing, lantern procession and music (Uffington 357 band, DJ Tim Allen, Prevailing Prototype band).
In and around St Lukes’s church SE27 0HS in West Norwood this Saturday 12th December.
Enjoy some Christmas shopping locally and meet up with friends. Christmas lights in the churchyard to be turned on by Helen Hayes MP around 5pm. Look out for Father Christmas . A big thanks to the organisers – our West Norwood Feast volunteer team. http://westnorwoodfeast.com/