Check out the Labour Party’s manifesto for Lambeth council elections on Thursday 3rd May at https://lambeth-labour-manifesto.org/
This manifesto has been drawn up with hundreds of local people to create a positive and ambitious vision for a better, fairer Lambeth that aims to improve the lives of all Lambeth residents.
It builds on Labour’s strong record over the last four years – including building the first new council homes in a generation, protecting our 23 fantastic children’s centres and paying every Lambeth employee at least the London Living Wage.
Labour promises are:
- Tackling Lambeth’s housing crisis – by completing our ambitious programme of 1,000 council homes and introducing a new private renters charter
- A cleaner and greener Lambeth – by keeping a full weekly bin collection, boosting recycling and improving air quality
- Delivering value for money – by keeping council tax one of the lowest in London
- A safer Lambeth – by tackling youth violence and fighting Tory police cuts
- A more equal Lambeth – by creating 1,500 apprenticeships and encouraging every Lambeth business to pay the London Living Wage
- Fighting against a Tory Hard Brexit – by campaigning to defend the rights of our EU friends and neighbours