A carnival with something for everyone: a giant elephant, samba, hockey heroes & more on Saturday 13th June !
The carnival procession leaves Streatham Common by the Greyhound pub SW16 5NJ at 10.30am and down greyhound Lane and then from 12noon in Streatham Vale by Sherwood Avenue SW16 5SG and then on to Streatham Common to join the Streatham Festival in the afternoon.
Don’t miss a giant robot & mechanical elephant walking together.
For more information see http://www.laneandvale.org.uk/carnival/ and http://www.streathamfestival.com/
Sunday 16th June 2013 from 11am to 5pm is the fifteenth Streatham Common Kite Day. Bring your own kite and look out for:
- Brighton Kite Fliers – with their large display kites
- Team Spectrum – with their sensational kite displays to music
- Cascade Kite Displays – Kevin and Janet and their large display kites
Food and other non-kite activities will include:
- Streatham Festival & Streatham Action stall
- Ishmael’s Mother – original Asian cooking
- FoodBums – vegetarian chilli
- Hog roast
- Real coffee stall
- Pancakes, burgers, hot dogs and ice cream
- A bouncy castle
- Face painting
The Lambeth Sustainable Travel team are providing a free Dr Bike service – bring your bike for a free bike fix and have a chat about travel options.
For details see: http://www.streathamkiteday.org.uk/